Wepow, Inc. ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The information and services available on our site www.wepow.com ("our site") are provided by us as a service and are for the use of individuals conducting and participating in video interviews or managing the recruitment process, or for those interested in knowing more about our company, product and services.
1. Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information you voluntarily provide to us: Information that you provide by creating an account on our site, filling in forms or sending us e-mails. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site and may include your name, e-mail address, contact information and billing information. We may also ask you for information if and when you report a problem with our site.
- Business information: We pay process your personal data when you conduct business with us (whether through our site or otherwise) as a customer, prospective customer, or as a vendor, supplier, consultant, professional advisor or other third party. For example, we may collect your business contact information, financial information (if needed to take payment or fulfil contractual obligations) and other related information about our contracts and business relationship.
- Correspondence: If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information collected automatically: We may collect information about your computer and log certain information about your activity on our site, including where available, your IP address, operating system, browser type, URL clickstream to, through and from our site, access times, pages viewed, resources accessed, software and hardware capabilities and language settings, for system administration, to understand how you use our site, troubleshoot problems, maintain security and to generally improve our services.
- Surveys: We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
We will also collect personal data that you provide to us in the course of using our products and services – for example, the video interviews and other information you record and upload during the recruitment process. As stated above, we process this information on behalf of the employer/prospective employer and we do not have control over the information that is collected or how it is handled. You should consult your employer/prospective employer in the first instance if you have any questions or concerns about the handling of your personal data.
We may obtain information about your general usage of our site by using a cookie file. A cookie is a small file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences and allow us to customize our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to our site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. You can find information on popular browsers and how to adjust your cookie preferences at the following websites:
Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416
Apple Safari: Blocks cookies by default and accepts cookies only from your current domain. To change, click Safari, Preferences, Security, and choose your preference.
3. Where We Store Your Personal Data
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside your country of residence. For example, if you are resident in the European Economic Area (EEA), your data may be transferred to and stored outside the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside your country of residence and/or outside the EEA who work for us or for your employer/prospective employer. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the review and assessment of your personal data for the provision of support services. Where your personal data is being accessed outside your country of residence, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy and any applicable laws. See Section 8 below for information about our Privacy Shield certification.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Account passwords are encrypted within our systems.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
4. Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To allow you to create an account;
- To provide you or your employer/prospective employer with customer support and technical services on request;
- To allow you or your employer/prospective employer to access and make use of various tools, features and functions of our service;
- To generate internal reports about the use of our site;
- Where it is in accordance with your marketing preferences, to send you informational and promotional materials that you choose to receive via the medium chosen by you.
- To notify you about changes to or other important information about our service.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, IT security, enhancing or improving our products and services.
- Website and system administration, and to improve the navigation and content of our site.
- We may also use the personal information we receive for the purposes of creating anonymized and aggregated statistics that do not reveal the identity of any person.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We also use third party vendors, consultants and other service providers to assist us in providing our website and services, including cloud hosting services, customer & IT support services, marketing and data analytics. In providing these services on behalf of Wepow, it may be necessary for us to provide these third parties with access to your personal data.
For personal data originating from the European Union and Switzerland, we remain liable if our third party agents process your personal data in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles (see Section 8 below), unless we prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Wepow, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- In response to or to comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, court orders, legal process or government requests, including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
We will not use your personal data for marketing purposes without your consent and we will not disclose your personal data to any independent third parties for such purposes.
6. Your Employer/Prospective Employer
7. Access to Information & Other Rights
Under the Privacy Shield and certain applicable laws, you may have the right to access the personal data we hold about you, or to seek the correction, amendment or deletion of your personal data. To make such a request, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the mailing address in Section 10 below.
If you wish to obtain a copy of personal data that we collect on behalf of employers and prospective employers (e.g. your video interview and other recruitment documents), please contact the employer/prospective employer directly.
8. The EU-US Privacy Shield & Swiss-US Privacy Shield
The Federal Trade Commission has investigation and enforcement authority over our compliance with the Privacy Shield.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Wepow, Inc commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy may raise their complaints in a number of ways:
(1) You can contact us directly using the contact details at Section 10 below and we will respond to your complaint within 45 days of receipt.
(2) We have also committed to cooperate and comply with the advice of the European Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning data transferred from the EU and Switzerland.
(3) Further, the European DPAs may refer your complaint to the US Department of Commerce or the Federal Trade Commission for further investigation.
(4) For residual disputes that cannot be resolved by the methods above, you may be able to invoke a binding arbitration process under certain conditions. To find out more about the Privacy Shield's binding arbitration scheme, please see https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=My-Rights-under-Privacy-Shield.
19925 Stevens Creek Blvd., Suite 100
Cupertino, CA 95014
Phone number: +1 (650) 980 3370
Effective date: September 8th, 2016.